Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tonight I'm gonna party like it's....

...2011, not 1999 (as the song says to do).  We had some fun New Years celebrations this year.
 Porter and Jake shared a snuggle with the t-shirt quilt
and Porter did some reading before the real partying began.

The Rizley's were nice enough to let us crash their family party...again, and we were so happy to join them for pizza, games and x-box kinect.  
 Woah Steve and Jake are sure navigating those rapids!
 Me and Megan are about to jump for some BIG air
Me and Jake turned into flying fairies.

New Year's Day we met my family at the always delicious Original Pancake House.
 Porter enjoyed some chocolate milk
And played with Gumby and Pokey

Later in the day was the Fiesta Bowl!
 We made our traditional stop at On the Border....yum yum!  More salsa please!  I really do think my brother Travis drank his salsa.
 Lucky for Jake, John had some extra tickets so Steve got to come along
 We all piled in one car from the restaurant to the game and things got a little "close"...
...I know it's hard to tell, but this was my view from behind.  Yes, that's Steve's arm snuggled around Jake's waist.  So cute.
Is this my favorite part of the game...no, is it a close second to the game...yes.  I know it is really terrible...BUT, as these wonderful volunteers are running to get the flag on the field, at least one person falls and refuses to let go of the flag so they continue to get dragged across the field until they can't hold on any longer...classic.
Maybe because this is the only other picture I took the flag really is my favorite part of the game?
 We unfortunately had to watch the Oklahoma Sooners (BOO!) beat the UConn Huskies.  Not a big fan of the Huskies, but we do NOT like the Sooners.

1 comment:

megan&steve said...

These pictures made my DAY. A few months late, but well worth the wait.
Leave it to Steve to snuggle in nice and close. Thank you for treating him to the Big Game!