Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Road Trip Baby! part 2

 Grandma and Porter (both still in p.j.'s) went out to feed the horse a carrot for breakfast.  I think in this picture Dody is saying "you dumb horse, eat the carrot".  He refused.

One of the reasons for the timing of our trip was so we could be with Tanner for his birthday on the 19th.  All week Grandma was asking him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he never really came up with an answer.  Mostly because Tanner doesn't each much dinner - big healthy lunch at Carls Jr., a little bit of dinner, then around 10 o'clock about 5 bowls of cereal.  So instead of a special dinner, Grandma treated us all to a lunch at Carls Jr.
 Tanner and Grandma enjoying their milkshakes

After lunch we went back to Uncle Fuzz's electric motor rewind shop where Tanner was working over the summer because I had never been and I wanted the grand tour. 
 Tanner giving Porter a lift
 Tanner looking good in his coveralls
 Porter fell asleep before Fuzz and family came over to celebrate and missed out on all the fun
 A small ladder ball tournament - here's Dody and Fuzz
 Oops!  How'd this picture get on here???
 Go Jake!
 CRAP!!!!
 Jemma was keeping Tanner busy
 Here's Tanner and Jessica
 Me and Fuzz
 Happy Birthday to you - you big 18 year old MAN!
 A new golf shirt from Fuzz's family
 Grandma had just tripped, we all laughed, I took a picture.
We love Grandma
 I picked out a funny card
 Mmmm....ice cream cake
Kodee is enjoying hers
 I walked in to find Jake asleep like this one afternoon -- what was on tv you ask?  Oh, just Shrek.  Cuddling up, watching Shrek...cute, Jake.
 We spent an evening with Wendy's parents Joe and Elva, they only live about 10 minutes away from Dody
We also drove to Wendy's sister Debby's house for lunch one day, but I forgot my camera. 
 A game of King 13
 Porter snuggled up for the drive to St. George.  Kory and Fran were nice enough to offer for us to stay over again on our way back and we decided to take them up on it!  This time we got to see the kids too.
 Fran found some fun toys for Porter
 Fran and Kory
Fran, Kory, Jake, me and Porter in the back
Brandon, Trent, Bridger and Cassidy in the front
(By the way, can you believe I have 2 Bridger's in my family?? My brother and Jake's cousin.)
And last, as we were getting duped in the DAM traffic, we had to snap a shot of the new bridge that will allow us to bypass all those DAM tourists.  I'm pretty sure it's open now.  But I'm gonna let some other people drive over it for a few months before me, so they can test out its durability - it's a long ways down.

Fun trip, thanks Grandma Dody for letting us invade your house for a week, you always take such good care of us!  And Kory and Fran too, for being our hotel.  We love you seeing you!

4 comments:

Kody said...

Wow Brit...these are too cool. Thanks for the great blog. Too fun and way too cool. This is a treasure for us...the entire fam!

Karen said...

AND, Bitty, you have (at least) two BRANDONS, don't forget...your brother and Jake's cousin!!!!

Loved seeing the posting since I claim the entire Thurston-Lambert clans as my own, too. Even those sight-unseen!

Karen said...

P.S. Yeah, Road Trip, Baby! Are the Nick-Riggs-Thurston guys (uh, including Porter) all still in, at least in spirit for Summer 2010?

Karen said...

P.S.S. DAM tourists...?!? Wash your mouth out with soap, young lady! My stake president is watching your site, and he's going to KNOW what a terrible job I did raising my children! (Family SECRETS, skeletons in the closet, ya know!) ;-)