Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fall Fun & Halloween Happenings

I bought a cheap membership to the Desert Botanical Gardens off Groupon a few months back in hopes to take advantage of it once the weather cooled down.  I saw a pumpkin festival advertised there one weekend in October, so I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to kick it off.

 Our hayride to the pumpkin patch
Lucky for us, my navigation skills got us through the hay-bail maze...Porter did not care for the Scarecrows
Which pumpkin is best?
This one Mom?
This one has a really tastey puddle on the top...mmmm
By this time Porter was done, I grabbed the cutest, most symmetrical pumpkin I could find and we left.  Porter promptly fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot.
We were invited to Porter's friend Ainsley's 2nd birthday which was Halloween themed.  Porter was Steve Nash this year and I was his #1 fan (which was a total stretch for me).
Porter didn't care much for the party games but found other ways to stay entertained
 His favorite by far was the cheetos...his own game was to see how many he could hold and eat at the same time.
 Ladybug Ainsley and her party crew!
 Sorry this picture is dark, but here are all the kids (minus a couple) lined up nicely in their costumes against the wall for a picture...where is mine, running away as fast as he can with a ball.  Thanks Porter, maybe next year.
 We had our ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday night, unfortunately this is the only picture I got because Jake and I were in charge of the party and I didn't think to take anymore.  This picture doesn't do Porter's hair justice...we gelled it to his face so he would look like sweaty Steve during the game.
It looked something like this....(minus the lazy eye)

P.s.  How many of you know what movie the quote in our header is from????

2 comments:

megan&steve said...

Abby wants to know whats wrong with a lazy eye.
Totally kidding, hers isn't that bad just yet.
I can't wait to play!

Unknown said...

It's most definitely a "You've Got Mail" reference.