Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 4 in Breckenridge

**Disclaimer: Picture overload...I got my editing skills from my mom (as evidenced in her recent blog posts here).  What can I say, it was a busy day!**
We got started early today to head to the Peak 8 Fun Park where we spent half the day.  It was a perfect day, weather wise.
 I had to add this picture of the Lodgepole pines that are all over Breckenridge.  Unfortunately they are all getting eaten by an infestation of beetles, hence the dead ones, and some predict all mature trees will be gone within 1-3 years.  Pretty sad.
Here we are on the gondola ride up to the Fun Park
 Brandon and Ian
 Tyler
 Me and Port Sport
 Michelle (loves heights) and Kylee
Lauren (not afraid) and Johnny

 Porter is totally excited for our fun day
 Tyler and Jake riding up to the Alpine slides
 Lauren and Kylee's ride
 Grandpa John and Grandma Karen ride together
 Jake and me go for a ride
 Gavin and Bridger are the ones up top
Our pretty view from the chair lift
 Tyler and Gavin ready for another slide down
 Bridger and Momma getting ready for take-off
 Lauren and Kylee finish up a ride
 Brandon takes Ian for a turn
 Did Michelle have more fun on the slide...
...or off it??? (We won't even get into my chair-lift ride with her to the top...)
The "sponsors" of the trip - so cute!
 Somehow I felt safer...
 ...knowing this guy was running the place
 Tyler is gearing up for the big race between he and Jake (which is strictly prohibited), none of us could figure out why because we all zipped down the "advanced" course without using our breaks.  So they decided to race down the "slower" courses.




 "Hey what happened to Tyler?  He was right next to me...and then, he wasn't"
 
 What's that you say?  You flew OFF the side.  Oh so that's why they tell you not to race.  Have fun at the first aid station. p.s. He had just taken his jacket off before this ride...duped.
 See how the wind WAS whipping through my hair???  Well, I am now currently putting on the breaks due to this slow poke in front of me.  Thank you, Sir.
 I think Johnny needs to upgrade to the full size, clearly not made with a tall man in mind.
 Brandon caught right up to Gavin
 Go, Momma, Go!  Maybe just open your eyes next time...I'm just saying.

We moved on to other activities at the park, the lines for the Alpine slide were getting long!
 Porter could have played here all day
 Playing with water and rocks...two of his favorites
 Johnny trying to figure out the human maze
 Bridger scoping out his next move
 Michelle looking cute with a flower from Kylee
...all while Tyler, Lauren, Gavin, Kylee and I waited in line WAY too long to do this:
Go Kylee! 
 Nice form Gavin
Lauren perfecting her flip...right before she quit!  Quitter!
Tyler and I went at the same time, and obviously had to turn it into a competition.  I won't say who won, but one of us quit (and it wasn't me), so you be the judge.
 Wow! If that's not perfect form I don't know what is?
(I secretly wanted to quit too...shhh Don't tell anyone. That 5 or 10 minutes felt like a lifetime of public humiliation)
Weak, Tyler, very weak
Some put put also occurred, then we went home.

On to dinner at Breckenridge Brewery:



 Porter scratched Jake's eye at some point today and it was bothering him quite a bit
Our outside the restaurant shot

The night ended with: my mom taking pictures of dogs, our nightly ice cream ritual and everyone watching some Brian Reagan.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Open my eyes! Huh!

I'm just sayin'....

Do love your posts, however! Keep up the good work!

Dani said...

Looks like Fun!! I love how green it is.