Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Meals, Museums and More...oh my!

Well this past week has been fun and busy!

Porter and I went to the Children's Museum of Phoenix for the first time with some friends on Wednesday. Although the company was great, I don't know how soon we will be going back. Basically we paid too much for Porter to play with some balls in the "3 and under" room (because we don't have ANY balls at home for him to play with).

One moment not with a ball.

Phoenix Suns colored balls...coincidence, I think not.

Abby & Megan with Me & part of Porter (stolen from Dani's blog...thanks)

Thursday night was a fun girls night for me. We went to dinner to Paradise Bakery and then the BIG event....Eclipse. I am a total Twi-hard...oh wait, actually I haven't read any of the books or seen the first two movies, but it was a fun excuse to get out of the house, and once again, good company. I am going to refrain from saying anything about the movie because I was taught that if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.
After the movie we may have ended up having a dance party in a mini-van in the Wendy's parking lot. Yep...we are cool. You can check out this post or this one for some very flattering pics of me and evidence of our rocking night!

Porter and I had lunch with my friend Katie on Friday, but I forgot to take a picture. Friday night was date night, dinner and a movie, Knight & Day. Thanks Aunt Lauren for babysitting and for a pic from your phone.

Her caption "Well that was a fun 15 minutes"
(I guess he cried for 15 minutes and then fell asleep)

Saturday morning Jake went golfing with the guys in my family, John, Tyler and Bridger. No pictures, but Jake took video which he plans to edit and put on the blog, so stay tuned. My mom, Porter and I went to breakfast to the Original Pancake House. Yummy. My mom and I always get the French crepes (crepes stuffed with strawberries and covered with whipped cream and a yummy strawberry syrup). Mmmmm...they were good. Porter enjoyed a scrambled egg and some strawberries.

We followed breakfast up with some shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond and a new car seat for Porter. He has definitely outgrown his infant seat.

That afternoon, we were joined by Jake's cousin, Andrew from New Mexico, who stayed with us until Monday. We went to Si Senor for dinner with our friend Scott too. Later that night the boys went to go see A-team while Porter and I stayed home.

Sunday we went to church with the other 4 people in Scottsdale that stayed in town for the 4th of July (slight exaggeration, but not by much). Then headed over to the Thurston's for dinner.

This is Andrew, Jake and Porter making an early exit to get out of going to see fireworks and so Porter could go to bed, but mostly so Jake didn't have to sit outside in the heat.


Porter having some giggles before they left (courtesy of Paige and Parker)
On our way to fire works..yippee! Parker was already bored (okay, maybe I just like me better in this picture than in the one with his eyes open...I'm not vain).
Cutest couple at the park, Wendy and Kody
Paige is amazed Parker is enthused
Finale, baby! I heart fireworks.
Milkshake Man
Post-fireworks card game
Monday night we had an impromptu FHE at Chick-fil-A with the Thurston's (minus Tanner who had spent the past week in Hawaii with his friend, poor guy we all felt bad for him).

This is Porter...he likes chicken

Then to finish everything off, today we went to the Musical Instrument Museum. It is brand new (opened at the end of April) and has instruments from every country in the world. It was really interesting and you could spend hours and hours there, but only if you don't have a 1 year old. We did manage to spend about 2 1/2 hours there. You can learn more here. Lots of fun...lots of pictures.
Hitching a ride with Tanner
Sharing headphones with Grandma Wendy
Musician in the making...
Using Parker's head to make some sweet music
Paige is natural
Porter losing interest...
....until now, he was loving this one.
Tanner shakin it with Shelby (the instrument, that is)
The gang

1 comment:

The Wildes said...

What a fun week! That minivan party was the bomb, we need to do it again! And even though you don't like Twilight, I think we can stay good friends. Let's play soon